Supervises and coordinates the activities of Hairdressers.
- determines work requirements and allocates duties to hairdressers
- confers with managers to coordinate activities with other organisational units
- maintains attendance records and rosters
- explains and enforces safety regulations
- oversees the work of the unit and suggests improvements and changes
- confers with workers to resolve grievances
- may perform the tasks of a Hairdresser, such as:
- provides advice on hair care, beauty products and hairstyles
- provides treatments such as shampooing, colouring or scalp conditioning
- cuts, styles and straightens hair
- shaves and trims beards and moustaches
- arranges appointments and collects payments
- cleans work areas and instruments
- may provide services such as manicures, facials, eyelash and eyebrow tinting, make up, wax treatments and ear piercing
- may clean, colour, cut and style wigs and hairpieces.