Supervises and coordinates the activities of Floor Finishers.
- determines work requirements and allocates duties to Floor Finishers
- confers with managers to coordinate activities with other organisational units
- maintains attendance records and rosters
- explains and enforces safety regulations
- oversees the work of the unit and suggests improvements and changes
- confers with workers to resolve grievances
- may perform the tasks of a Floor Finisher, such as:
- prepares surface for covering and removes baseboard trims
- measures areas to be covered or consults plans to estimate quantities of floor covering materials required
- measures, cuts and fixes underlay materials
- lays covering materials over floor, matches patterns, cuts shapes around fixtures and trims edges
- secures floor coverings and fits edge trims in doorways
- may install wall, ceiling, counter and bench coverings
- may lay parquetry blocks or resilient floor coverings.