Installs, maintains, repairs and patrols electrical sub-transmission and distribution systems.
- installs earth stakes, poles and guy wires
- checks safety of operating conditions for working on electrical equipment and distribution systems of all voltages
- installs or services aerial equipment such as cross arms, insulators, transformers, street lights and customer supply points
- covers conductors with insulating materials
- joins overhead conductors using compression fittings, and adjusts tension
- performs emergency repairs and de-energising of conductors