Registered to provide Australian Immigration Advice, MARN: 0104952
Leaders in immigration, migration, emigration and visa advice for people who want to live and work in Australia
Retirement Visa Eligibility Requirements
What are the requirements for an Investor Retirement Visa?
To be eligible for an Investor Retirement visa, you must:
- be over 55 years of age;
- be sponsored by an Australian State or Territory* government agency;
- have no dependent family members (other than a spouse);
- have sufficient assets to enable you to be financially self-sufficient in Australia, without relying on the public healthcare system or social security benefits; and
- agree to take out comprehensive health insurance with an Australian company to cover any medical costs.
The level of funds required is determined by where you intend to settle. The Australian Government is providing incentives to encourage people to settle in regional/low growth areas.
You must also satisfy the health and character requirements for an extended stay in Australia.
* Available in all States and Territories, except New South Wales.
Do you qualify for an Investor Retirement Visa?
Determine your eligibility under the Retirement Visa Program in just a few minutes and begin the Visa Application Process to Australia.