Registered to provide Australian Immigration Advice, MARN: 0104952
Leaders in immigration, migration, emigration and visa advice for people who want to live and work in Australia
457 Visa Entitlements
What am I entitled to under a 457 Visa?
- The 457 visa enables you to sponsor staff from overseas on a temporary basis to work in Australia from 3 months to 4 years.
- Your sponsorship approval lasts for:
- 2 years; or
- until all nominations have been filled; or
- until the sponsorship approval is cancelled.
- Businesses which have no formal operating base or representation in Australia may apply to bring employees to Australia to:
- establish a branch, joint venture or agency distributorship and subsidiary branches in Australia; or
- fulfil obligations for a contract or other business activity in Australia.
- If your application is successful, you will be granted temporary residence in Australia.
- You are entitled to enter and leave Australia for the duration of your visa, without any restrictions.
- Sponsored employees may stay in Australia for the length of the visa validity period, but must seek sponsorship from another employer or leave Australia should they cease working for their sponsoring employer.
- You can apply for any permanent visa class while you are on a 457 Visa.
Are you looking for a Company Sponsored 457 Visa?
Complete an online assessment.
It's FREE and it only takes a few minutes.
Register your interest. You'll be added to our Candidate Matching database.