Registered to provide Australian Immigration Advice, MARN: 0104952
Leaders in immigration, migration, emigration and visa advice for people who want to live and work in Australia
457 Visa Eligibility Requirements
What are the requirements for a 457 visa?
As a sponsor, you must:
- Apply to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) to be a sponsor for overseas workers;
- Nominate the positions you want to fill, and the employees you want to fill them;
- Recruit the overseas workers to fill your nominated positions;
- Act as a sponsor for your employees applying for a visa; and
- Cooperate with DIAC's monitoring requirements
Important Note: As a sponsor, you must ensure that you pay market salary rates to overseas workers.
As an employee, you must:
- Accept an offer of employment from the employer;
- Apply for the 457 visa; and
- Work in your nominated occupation, and for the employer that has sponsored you
One of the basic requirements of Temporary Long Stay Migration is that your nominated occupation must appear on a list of occupations determined by the Australian government.
Regional Employer Concessions
Important Note: As of September 2009, Employers in regional Australia are no longer be eligible for concessions in meeting the minimum salary and skill level requirements for their nominated positions under the 457 Visa program.
Are you looking for a Company Sponsored 457 Visa?
Complete an online assessment.
It's FREE and it only takes a few minutes.
Register your interest. You'll be added to our Candidate Matching database.